Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Maundy Thursday

As we come closer to Easter I am reminded more and more why I rely on Jesus Christ as my only salvation. As I grow older, not only physically but spiritually, it becomes my favorite time of year.

It is in Him that I find comfort. He is the well that quenches my thirst and the bread that satisfies my hunger. He bears the burdens of my sins and still gives me the deepest love that anyone can feel.

Coming home from a session meeting this evening I reflected on all the things that we talked about during that meeting. One of them being spreading the Gospel to areas that have churches that are almost nonexistant. We are called to be fishers of men, to make disciples of nations, to go forth into the alley's and gutters of this earth and spread the truth to the poor and needy and sick. It is time to lay down our pride, break free of our comfort zones, and do as Christ commands. It's time to get our hands dirty folks...it's time to fulfill the great commission.

My prayer is that God will continue to use MCC as a tool to spread these truths and to provide the means to fulfill His command. Maundy comes from the Latin word "command." Maundy refers to the command that Jesus gave to his disciples at the last supper, to love and serve one another. Jesus not only said this, but did it by washing the feet of the disciples.

Tonight we will be observing Maundy Thursday at MCC with a worship service. If you feel the desire to attend a Maundy Thursday service but don't know where to go, we'd be happy to have you at Murrysville Community Church. Service starts @ 7:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment