Friday, February 10, 2012

ZR1 Corvette bed




I picked up something really cool on craigslist. A toddler bed that looks like a early 90's ZR1 Corvette. It has really cool decals on it, including ZR1 on the side. I can not find anything on the Internet about this bed, other than a few posts here and there on some Corvette forums. So if you have any info about this bed let me know.

I really like this bed for a few reasons. It isn't the cheap plastic car beds you find at walmart, it's fiberglass. It is the ZR1 model. The ZR1 was first introduced in 1991 and was made until 1995. It had the LT5 (Lotus) engine in it that produced 405 hp. This model is now becoming more rare and worth more as time goes on.

My uncle buys and sells Corvettes and parts. Growing up around these cars brings back great memories. Before I got married I owned a 1994 C4 Corvette, so the nostalgia is one of the reasons why I liked this so much.

I hope to share the same passion of cars with my son as he grows older. And what better way than to get him a Corvette bed?

2 comments:

  1. I have the same exact bed my parents got it for me when i was very young it has a crack on the left rear well and is missing left front tire other than that very good shape

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have exact bed but red one. Did you find more information on it. Please let me know. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete